Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jaime’s KCLS Jaunt #42: Fall City

Go East!Whew, Fall has arrived with a vengeance!  This jaunt was definitely a damp one as we headed southeast of Redmond into Fall City on SR-202.  It’s still a beautiful drive of autumnal colors though, even viewed through the windshield wipers.

On this jaunt, I had a special visitor with me – my Mom!  Her home library district is the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District, which I have fond memories of from my teen years. We started the morning at the Fall City Roadhouse & Inn.  With the overcast and rainy weather, the recently restored Inn created the perfect atmosphere for a late morning breakfast. I love going to breakfast with my Mom because we seriously discuss the pros and cons of most of the items on the menu before we pick two to share.  You can never go wrong with an omelet and buttermilk pancakes!  The service was very friendly and amazingly quick!  I’d like to give a quick thanks to the online version of the Fall City Neighbors for giving me the heads up on the Roadhouse.

100_7537After breakfasting, we backtracked just a few blocks to the Fall City library branch.  Completed in 2008, the library has a soaring ceiling and natural light in abundance, of course!  We were lucky enough to be able to chat with Jeannette, the Lead Librarian for Fall City.  (We also talked a lot about how fun it is to take the train in the Northwest!)  100_7531One of the more interesting pieces of art is the digital “signage” that asks unanswerable questions.  My mom and I spent quite a bit of time watching for a question to scroll in between the light patterns! And, while we arrived shortly after the library opened and it was a little quiet at first, it was much, much busier when we departed!

 

Jaime

Library Map

No comments: