Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Redmond Library Open For Business (Partly) :-)

As if Redmond couldn’t be more beautiful, it’s been blanketed in (several) layers of snow for the past few days.  Wednesday was projected to be the worst of the snow, so many King County Libraries were operating on reduced schedules.

Given the novelty of this much snow in the neighborhood, and my book on hold waiting for me, I took the opportunity to snowshoe the 3 miles round-trip from my house to the library. I saw that many others were out enjoying the day as I passed skiers, sledders, walkers, and other snowshoers along the Sammamish River Trail.  Even the ducks were out for a meander!

Ducks Along the Sammamish River Trail

I arrived to find a few more intrepid souls braving the elements to use the library.  In addition to a (very) few vehicles in the parking lot, people appeared to arrive by foot and … by bike.  Biking in the snow is something I’ve never tried. Maybe next time! (not really)

Ravens in the Snow

The City of Redmond’s website is updating regularly noting conditions within the City, so be sure to check it out before you head out on Thursday.  Please also consider donating blood - a Blood Mobile will be at City Hall tomorrow and due to the weather, supplies are dangerously low.

Hopefully you are staying safe and warm through this week!

Jaime

No comments: