Sunday, January 29, 2012

Friends of the Redmond Library Annual Meeting

“WORDS AND MUSIC: How a Singer became a Novelist”
Louise Marley

Redmond Regional Library
February 16 at 7:00 p.m.

Louise Marley”My presentation will focus on the marvelous and energizing phenomenon of a mid-life career change.  Since I had been a singer for decades before beginning to publish novels, I learned a lot about how the principles and lessons learned in a first career translate into success in the second; I also found that with age, comes courage--launching my second career was far easier than launching my first.”

Local author, Louise Marley will share her story and
evolution from the world of opera to award winning
Science Fiction and Fantasy. She has written fifteen
books. Her latest, The Brahms Deception, was released
in August 2011.

She was recognized twice with the Endeavor Award for a distinguished Science Fiction or Fantasy Book written by a Northwest author: The Child Goddess and Glass Harmonica.
Teens as well as adults are attracted to the writing style of a literary musician who intertwines intrigue with musical history and reference.

Jaime

No comments: