Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jaime’s KCLS Jaunt #17: Redmond Ridge

Go East! As befitting the express concept of the “library” at Redmond Ridge, this will probably be my shortest jaunt and blog entry! It may seem that I’m slowing down a bit – April and May is filled with other travel and weekend commitments that put a bit of a dent in my pace.  But, with a third of the libraries already visited, I’m still in good shape for the year.

Library: This Way!As I saw this sign and turned into the parking lot, I watched a horse and its rider sauntered down the sidewalk.  I love the area’s mix of urban and rural characteristics! I think after this visit the other library board members are going to forbid my solo jaunts. . .

 

Wheelie Reads Jaime The Hours! 

I fail on all levels!  While my trip today was planned to be a brief stop to return a book and snap a few pictures inside the Express, I neglected to consider that it actually closes! At 5 p.m.!  Of course, I arrived at 5:10 p.m. 

 

 

Inside View Fortunately, at 300 square feet, I could take pictures through the door windows and you can get the idea. I’m still counting it as a jaunt (I’m a busy girl!). . .as I’ve been in the building previously for its grand opening.

Officially referred to as Library Express @ Redmond Ridge, this innovative partnership with the Redmond Ridge Residential Owners Association (ROA), provides drop-off and hold pick-up services to the neighboring area.  There’s also a limited selection of choice reads available in the un-staffed space.  Patrons enter by using their library Key Pad card number and a red phone (okay, maybe I really will re-visit it, I wanted to take a picture of Wheelie using the phone!) connects patrons to the Redmond branch. For security purposes, a webcam allows Redmond librarians to keep an eye on the inside and outside of the building.

Nestled near the entrance to the Redmond Ridge community, this extension, if you will, of the services provided by the full-service Redmond branch answered a community need with limited funding and a lot of imagination!

Jaime

Libary Map

No comments: