Sunday, January 27, 2013

American Library Association, MidWinter Meeting

The conversation starts here...

Wow!  What fun this weekend at the Washington State Convention Center during the 2013 American Library Association MidWinter Meeting!  I had definitely underestimated the time it would take to peruse the exhibits at this everything-you-can-think-of-for-libraries gathering. And though I had been told there would be advanced reading copies of new books, I hadn’t quite imagined to the extent I would find myself wandering through publishers’ booths, picking up a few interesting reads, and making mental notes of smaller publishers to keep an eye on.  I am looking forward to diving in to new books by Hallie Rubenhold, Robert Jackson Bennett, and Ingrid Thoft.

From 3D printers to Little Free Libraries to LiLi (pictured below) and everything in between, there was much to peruse and enjoy at the exhibits.  I will definitely be a return attendee should the conference visit Seattle again.

Library Live, Fraser Valley Regional Library, Canada

Jaime

No comments: