The recent sunny weather that encourages us to get outside reminds us all of how incredibly fortunate we are to live in a locale with such amazing natural resources. Show your support for Mother Nature and all she has to offer at one of the upcoming local "green" events. Take your pick - both Earth Day and Arbor Day are celebrated in April.
April 22nd Earth Day
- The City of Redmond smartly celebrates Earth Day a little early, to avoid contention with other events later in the month. On Saturday, April 11th, trees will be planted along the Sammamish River.
- Join Habitude at a special midnight viewing on Tuesday, April 28th of Disney Earth at Metro Cinemas in the U-District. All proceeds ($5 donation) benefit the Puget Soundkeeper Alliance. Email email@example.com for more information.
April 8th Arbor Day
(for Washington state. Nationally, Arbor Day is on the last Friday in April. Many states celebrate on different dates due to best tree-planting considerations.)
- The City of Redmond (Tree City for 9 years) celebrates with the rest of Washington state on Wednesday, April 8th at Farrel-McWhirter Park.
- The City of Issaquah (Tree City for 15 years) will be holding a tree planting ceremony on April 8th. More Details.
- The City of Woodinville (Tree City for 12 years) celebrates both Earth and Arbor Day on April 18th. More Details.
If getting grubby isn't on your to-do list this month, Redmond Regional Library also hosts the Sustainable Futures Book Club. Their next meeting is April 8th.